NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Default Re: How's my Coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanorm View Post
    I light on the no-bid to the NIT, I thought we should pull this back up

Positives - 5-2 vs ODU (2-0), JMU (2-0 so what) and VCU (1-2)
    Negatives - FIU, FAU, Delaware, Northeastern performances - win 2 of these 4 and we might be talking NCAA bubble

Positive - Mike Morrison finished really strong, would have loved to see that game all year
    Negative - Edwards started with promise but did not finish strong, Allen had flashes, but still inconsistent

Positive - BIGS
    Negative - PGs

Positive - 1 loss at home
    Negative - 8 road/neutral losses

Positive - ability to comeback, never out of a game (except UVA)
    Negative - the need to comeback in too many games and inability to close teams out

I give props to Hewitt. I actually think they should pay him more than what the Old Cuban Man is making b/c he had a sh!t load of bs to deal with on guys he didn't recruit. I'm not going to miss their poor body language one bit. I will miss Mike Mo passion however. Had he played like he did in the last game all year, he would of been POY. We should feel good about the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GS II View Post
    I give props to Hewitt. I actually think they should pay him more than what the Old Cuban Man is making b/c he had a sh!t load of bs to deal with on guys he didn't recruit. I'm not going to miss their poor body language one bit. I will miss Mike Mo passion however. Had he played like he did in the last game all year, he would of been POY. We should feel good about the future.
    I agree. I grew a little tired long ago of the way #24, #22 and especially #45 would complain EVERYTIME a foul was called on them.
    "You know, we had a helluva year back in '78."

Quote Originally Posted by PoorManProfit View Post
    I agree. I grew a little tired long ago of the way #24, #22 and especially #45 would complain EVERYTIME a foul was called on them.
    They were just following the lead of the fans in the Patriot Center, at least the ones in my section. "Overrrr da baaaack, Ref!" Sheesh.

Now that we have a decent sample size to work with (5 games), can anyone recal a Mason team that has had its players improve this much one from one season to the next under Coach L? I think Coach Hewitt does an excellent job of improving each player's skill set during the season and in the offseason. The improvemnet from J2, Allen, Edwards, and Wright has been fantastic - and the others have too. What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by dr. gunnie View Post
    Now that we have a decent sample size to work with (5 games), can anyone recal a Mason team that has had its players improve this much one from one season to the next under Coach L? I think Coach Hewitt does an excellent job of improving each player's skill set during the season and in the offseason. The improvemnet from J2, Allen, Edwards, and Wright has been fantastic - and the others have too. What say you?
    +1

Looks like the rule change allowing coaches to spend more time teaching over the summer has helped all teams.

for the record, its old cuban man now.

We also saw a huge improvement in Morrison last year over the year before that we had not seen the other years and that was before the change in rules if I recall correctly.

Gotta say I agree with Gunnie on his analysis. I have been very pleased with the coaching up to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by gmubrian View Post
    We also saw a huge improvement in Morrison last year over the year before that we had not seen the other years...
    Not to mention how Hewitt revolved his offense around Ryan to turn him into the POY.

I believe that Coach Hewitt should be given a lot of credit for hiring experienced assistants such as Roland Houston & Mike Wells.

Also, Hewitt is way cooler than the Old Cuban.