Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Default Basketball Roster in 2012-13?

This year it's about "Back to Basics". Next year. the "Sky is the Limit" should be the slogan

Projected lineup (no real clue who will start)
    PG Soph Kris Walden (6-1, 165), Freshman Frank Mason (5-11, 175), Freshman Jerome Hairston (6-3, 180), junior (walk-on) Chrstian Collins (6-0, 165)
    SG Soph Deon Jones (6-5, 190), soph Will Adams (6-4, 190)
    SF Junior Marcus Damas (6-7, 200), Junior Mike Burwell (6-6, 210)
    PF Soph Jervon Pressley (6-7, 210), Junior Jerrelle Benimon (6-7, 237), freshman Timahj Parker-Rivera (6-7, 215), F Alex Giergen (6-7,
    220).
    C R-Junior Erique Gumbs (6-9, 230), Freshman Barrington Alston (6-8, 215), R-Soph Jamel Flash (6-11, 220)

Big question is whether Amayo will be at Towson or a juco. They have 14 ships. Somebody has to go unless they are on academic scholarship. Six new players in Benimon, Burwell, TJ Parker, Mason, Hairston and Alston. Wing looks a little thing but Hairston can play there. Burwell is a 2-3. Mason is a 1-2. Love the potential of that team. One more big and Amayo would make the potentially elite.
    Last edited by mat1992; 10-04-2011 at 08:41 AM.
    2011 and 2012 CAA Football Champions.
    2013/14 FCS Football Champion Runner-up.
    CAA Offensive Player of the Year, Jerry Rice Award Winner: Terrance West
    Eddie Robinson FCS Coach of the Year 2011: Rob Ambrose
    Greatest MBB Turnaround in NCAA History: 18-13; followed by most D1 wins.
    2x CAA Player of the Year: Jerrelle Benimon
    2013 CAA Men's and Women's Lacrosse Champs,
    2013 CAA Baseball Champs
    2013-14 Women's Swim & Diving Champs for sixth time

Default Re: Basketball in 2012-13?

yeah 2012-13 will be awesome

While they havent played a game of either season and the football team has only won 3 games (aka not in playoffs or even winning record yet) how is it that all of a sudden things are looking so favorable for Towson athletics? Why didnt Caret start this long ago? I know he was concentrating alot of effort on building the academic side but couldnt they have been done at the same time? Instead of hoping for the first sellout this season it would have already happened and the potential for expansion might either be in a real planning stage or even beyond that if it attendance was maxing the capacity. I dont think its just the AD, he is a piece of it but his hiring was another step in the commitment, his hire didnt bring about that commitment.

I do agree with you. I watch a similar school to Towson in James Madison winning and having a 25k stadium based on top 10 rankings in Division 1 AA for the last 10-15 years and wonder why our administration did not focus on athletics. Madison has 19,000 students with
    10,000 living on campus and we have 22,000 students with 8,000 living on campus/taking the shuttle to the Colony, Towson Woods, Rodger Forge apartments, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaTU View Post
    While they havent played a game of either season and the football team has only won 3 games (aka not in playoffs or even winning record yet) how is it that all of a sudden things are looking so favorable for Towson athletics? Why didnt Caret start this long ago? I know he was concentrating alot of effort on building the academic side but couldnt they have been done at the same time? Instead of hoping for the first sellout this season it would have already happened and the potential for expansion might either be in a real planning stage or even beyond that if it attendance was maxing the capacity. I dont think its just the AD, he is a piece of it but his hiring was another step in the commitment, his hire didnt bring about that commitment.