HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mens Basketball Recruiting Master Thread

6'4' guy with 9 blocks - I'm sure that wasn't Oak Hill he was playing against. He'll be another over-hyped recruit who is an OK player but not a stand-out in the CAA. If he was a really good player he wouldn't be coming to the Burg.

Kitts, Sumner, Brown, Boatner, Heldring, Gaillard, McCurdy, et al all failed to live up to the hype when they were recruited.

Quote Originally Posted by getrealist View Post
    I hate W&M
    Post of the year right there.
    Bleed Green & Gold.

This is just how it is.

What are you talking about? I've thought you were clueless for awhile - thanks for the confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by getrealist View Post
    Kitts, Sumner, Brown, Boatner, Heldring, Gaillard, McCurdy, et al all failed to live up to the hype when they were recruited.
    Danny Sumner was a failure? Seems to me that being the most consistent option on a team that had the greatest season in school history, went 2-1 against the ACC, and narrowly missed out on an at large berth is a pretty solid career in just one season. Add in a second CAA title game, and you're pretty much into delusional territory. Although I see your point--he DID come up short of a national title... You are also writing off multiple players before they've even reached their junior years. The list of players who done nothing for two years and then been lights out as upperclassmen is pretty lengthy.

Not sure if you're just trolling at this point, but for all the stink you make about a number of posters being complacent and off their rocker (and on that you have a point), you are just as ill-informed and delusional as they are.

MBB--Josh Good has an unofficial visit today.

Quote Originally Posted by -Tribal- View Post
    What I've gathered about Good.... A Staten Island guard playing a prep year at capitol city international prep. The team didn't look very good, but Good looks like a natural and fluid scoring guard. I believe he averages close to 30 points per game with a few 40 point outbursts.

I think if he comes, it is signaling even more of a departure from that princeton style in favor of a fast paced motion offense more in tune with Shaver and his UNC roots. The guys recently brought in and that are being targeted all seem to be scorers and better suited for a motion offense.

Good apparently missed his whole senior regular season last year at M/SIT because of academic ineligibility, but was eligible to play in their play-offs. Applaud his efforts to go somewhere for a post-grad year and shore up his academics, but would think a little tough to get into W&M......

I would not think we'd be pursuing him actively if the staff didn't believe he would gain admittance to the College...they always get clearance first.

Tribe11
    "Danny Sumner was a failure? Seems to me that being the most consistent option on a team that had the greatest season in school history, went 2-1 against the ACC, and narrowly missed out on an at large berth is a pretty solid career in just one season. Add in a second CAA title game, and you're pretty much into delusional territory. Although I see your point--he DID come up short of a national title... You are also writing off multiple players before they've even reached their junior years. The list of players who done nothing for two years and then been lights out as upperclassmen is pretty lengthy."

Math major huh? Should have taken a reading course.

I did not say any of these players were failures - I said they failed to live up to the expectations of the coaches and many on these boards.

Sumner was All-Metro and forecast by many to be a great player at WM - fact is he didn't play much as a frosh, was very spotty as a soph, didn't start the last 8-10 games of his junior year, and didn't become a consistently good player until his senior year.

Brown starts as a frosh and then becomes a role player until this year; Boatner is expected to be part of a dynamite guard tandem with Britt but he is just a shooter and having a bad year; Kitts was the best big man recruited in many a year but couldn't land a starting role until his junior year, playing behind Stein and Darnell.

Too early to tell on Gaillard - hope he comes back and plays great but don't see him as a star.

Also, the number of players who did nothing until their junior year and then were "lights out" is non-existent for the past 10 years. First of all, WM has had very, very few "lights out" players and the best players - McDowell, Schneider and Kaisilius - started as freshman.

Don't ever mind disagreement but one, please don't read something I did not say and two, if you make a claim i.e. "lights out" players, please provide a name or two from the lengthy list.

Quote Originally Posted by -Tribal- View Post
    He think W&M's campus is "too big." Never heard someone say that.