HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Default Re: drexel should leave the caa

its very simple, vcu did not have an ncaa touranment resume until the caa tournament blow job against us. They were an nit team. Yes they took advantage and beat mason, which ultimately put them in, but they should never have had that opportunity. You can deny all you want but that game DID get you in, and it knocked us out of the postseason. Hard to believe how much impact one game can have isnt it?

I agree metsox hawks post was a good one and I think many agree with it on our boards. Its been the argument for a while how can you fire a guy who just won 20 games etc...

Also agree we need to stop ever comparing ourselves to the acc. I know everyone here has a thing for maryland/vt/uva etc but we are not the acc and never will be. We will never have that type of impact anywhere, and stop thinking we are even close to their level. The acc central is charlotte, but switching between charlotte and greensboro is fine for the acc. It isnt a few blocks away from any one school. The difference between us is that they will draw anywhere on the east coast because they have followings. The caa will only draw if it is convenient because we have no casual fans or followings all over the east coast. That is the nature of the beast and the acc talk anytime really also gets old, because it has no points ever.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
    It's difficult to bid when the commissioner doesn't open the bidding up and just renews the contract with Richmond without giving other cities a chance.
    and all the member institutions agreed to the extension. All the Drexel whining needs to start at home. still.
    2004 National Champions.

CAA4Life

The point is bad officiating happens throughout college basketball. It's not VCU's fault that the referees were making all of those foul calls against Drexel. That's just the way it goes sometimes. Doesn't mean it's right but you can't go back and change what happened. VCU is not going to apologize for shooting all of those free throws. When we played VCU the following day there were a lot of bad calls in that game but we weren't going to use that as an excuse for why we lost. We simply played a bad game and VCU played great.
    Last edited by Gomasongo05; 03-16-2011 at 12:58 PM.

masongo you realize thats the heart of the issue right? drexel didnt play a bad game and actually played a better game than vcu and it wasnt even close. Its one thing if you dont play well and lose then blame officials, its completely different when you played well, deserved to win, and the refs make damn sure it doesnt happen.

...and If FB or atleast if he had help double covering skeen on the last play to score, Drexel would have went to overtime... anyway.

Chances are Drexel probably wouldn't have gotten past Mason i.e recall the loss at GMU during the season.

Drexel and VCU are/will always be two different style teams. VCU is built to score/shoot the 3 Drexel is known to be a Scrappy Defensive minded Team. Who knows maybe Drexel could have won but thats a moot point at this time. Yes Refs were bad and we lost our Big 3 to fouling out but thats Apart of the game you have to adapt and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by dan10 View Post
    masongo you realize thats the heart of the issue right? drexel didnt play a bad game and actually played a better game than vcu and it wasnt even close. Its one thing if you dont play well and lose then blame officials, its completely different when you played well, deserved to win, and the refs make damn sure it doesnt happen.
    Yeah I realize what the heart of the issue is. I was at that game. And I agree that you all got hosed. I just hate to think that some Drexel fans would want Drexel to leave the CAA just based on one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomasongo05 View Post
    Yeah I realize what the heart of the issue is. I was at that game. And I agree that you all got hosed. I just hate to think that some Drexel fans would want Drexel to leave the CAA just based on one game.
    I would say of the regular Drexel posters only maybe 15% say they want to leave the CAA... And it's not solely because of bad officiating. I'm not one of them, but the majority want to stay in the CAA, but just would like to see the league office do some things differently.
    D-D-D-D, R-R-R-R, E-E-E-E, X-EL, X-EL, DREX-EL, DREX-EL, FIGHT, TEAM, FIGHT!

Please put bmf on your ignore list and don't bother responding to him.

Marshall said it best. Drexel fans don't really want to leave the CAA. It's a great league, and Drexel Basketball has never been in a better overall position to compete than they are now. It's just frustrating that we're in a Virginia league that wants to focus only on promoting itself in Virginia. They added some city schools in other major east coast markets to help expand their exposure, but the exposure is limited to a few extra articles in major newspapers, and more games on Regional Cable TV Networks. The CAA Tournament is the league's big party, and it would just be nice if the league decided to showcase it's party to other areas in the east coast, and not just open the party up to the fans of 1 school, and the few fans of other schools who can afford to travel for several days.

I support a two-state solution to this mess