3 5.00%
  • Kenny Brooks, James Madison

33 55.00%
  • Wendy Larry, Old Dominion

6 10.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 2011 *Zonies* Women's Coach of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by HyperDuke View Post
    Yeah. I certainly don't care if the guy disagrees, but to pretend like Kenny Brooks shouldn't be considered is mental.
    Exactly. You put the best in the contention. Kenny Brooks is in contention. Wendy Larry is in contention. I guess VCU is in contention though I asterisk it because it's Virginia Commonwealth University. As a rookie coach Cynthia did what she did and it is more impressive than what Kenny did with that forward whose name I forgot but is really good and of course, Dawn Evans.
    "The winner ain't the guy with the fastest car...its the guy who refuses to lose."

"Get out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass."

- Dale Earnhardt

Yeah, you really need to make a case for the top team in the league. I love the logic. "You're always good, so your coach is clearly not the best." Seahawkhoops - You can't be older than 19.
    Yes i can be, probably older than you and obviously i knew something, My pick won coach of the year dare i say TOLD YA?

The logic is good logic, who does more with less, who exceeds expecations, not who was picked to finish first and does. I am sure your coach got recognized before when JMU was making its climb, now its our turn!
    At Least our baseball team is nails!

You never told me anything of value. I never argued anything about or against the Dub coach's potential to win the award...ever.

You never told me anything of value. I never argued anything about or against the Dub coach's potential to win the award...ever.
    I gave you that i thought she should win the more because taking a team to new heights and over achieving was better than doing what you were supposed too, guess what the voters agree

No, you argued that Kenny Brooks shouldn't be in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkhoops View Post
    Make a case for JMU's coach. They were good, obviously but they are always good. Cooper turned the UNCW program from an average team to a title contender and set the school record for wins in ONE year!
    This is what i said Hyper, doesn't seem to sound at all like what you said that i said!

The implication is that I (or anyone) NEED to make a case for Brooks. He just won the conference. Should I have typed that?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkhoops View Post
    Yes i can be, probably older than you and obviously i knew something, My pick won coach of the year dare i say TOLD YA?

The logic is good logic, who does more with less, who exceeds expecations, not who was picked to finish first and does. I am sure your coach got recognized before when JMU was making its climb, now its our turn!
    Wait am I missing something? The results of the poll show that KB won...not Cooper-Dyke...
    Fight On

Quote Originally Posted by JMU14 View Post
    Wait am I missing something? The results of the poll show that KB won...not Cooper-Dyke...

Cooper-Dyke was recognized by her CAA peers as the league's Coach of the Year. She also just led UNCW to a postseason victory over Richmond in their first ever NIT appearance. Just sayin'.

I don't think I've ever seen Seahawkhoops argue so vehemently for anything regarding women's basketball.

Seahawkhoops argues EVERYTHING vehemently.