HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Pimental compared to Hodge!

Yeah, Coach Sutton was talking about this cat's build when referencing Jason. And remember Coach Sutton used to be an ODU assistant so he would know what Odell looked like!

Btw, there will only be one Odell Hodge. EVER. One of the all time greats at ODU. And the CAA too.

Quote Originally Posted by ODUBB35 View Post
    Just to throw caution to the wind, the Hodge comparison was "physically" (which is nice). But if he is averaging 9 and 9 in high school, he's no Hodge.
    ODUBB35 is right by saying the Hodge comparison was "physically" not offensively. Odell at one time was the all-time scorer in Virginia HS history with 2,530 points and over 1000 rebounds. He followed that up as a Monarch with 2,117 points and 1,086 rebounds.

As fans we shouldn't put pressure on kids by ordaining them the next Hodge, West, Gattison or any other name hanging from our rafters. I met Jason and his Dad when they were on a recruiting visit in October. I don't know how many points or rebounds he will have when he graduates. But, I'm fairly certain that like all of Blaine's recruits, he will graduate, be well spoken, approachable, and become a role model to some kid whose Dad brings him to the Ted in the next 4 or 5 years.

There is a lot to be excited over with Jason. This guy is averaging this on a loaded team. He has played some of the top teams in the country, who are also loaded. This guy will be a stud at ODU. Next years team will depend on Bazemore, Cooper, and Hill. They will be our best players and our keys to wins.

Pimental will be a great addition, I look forward to seeing him play in blue...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame60377 View Post
    Next years team will depend on Bazemore, Cooper, and Hill. They will be our best players and our keys to wins.
    Hill over Trian? Ehhh.. not so much. We haven't even seen him in action, yet.

How Trian improves defense, 3 pt shooting, and ballhandling during the offseason will be a key factor for next year.

The other key will be how much our freshmen can contribute early. That means Ross and Pimentel (until we learn of an incoming JUCO big, allowing Pimentel to RS).
    AKA Monarch_Pride

<-- Press in case of troll ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Hill over Trian? Ehhh.. not so much. We haven't even seen him in action, yet.
    Hill will be a great player for us and yes in year one. He has a long layoff, so that may contribute. He played very well in AAU and high school. Clemson was just not a good match for him from the get go. I am not saying that Trian has peaked, but Hill will be the better player IMO.

Hill will be the best player on the team next year, that's with Baze. I know this will be disputed and some think I'm crazy. Put it down.
    Last edited by DABIGBLUE; 02-17-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Hill will be the best player on the team next year, that's with Baze. I know this will be disputed and some think I'm crazy. Put it down.
    They will call us both crazy then.

Quote Originally Posted by DABIGBLUE View Post
    I really hope you are right. That would be great.

Go to the Meet the Monarchs breakfast tomorrow and ask any of the players where Hill will rank next year! See if they don't tell you he will be one of the best on the team next year. I'm not saying he'll be the best, but will be one of the best.
    If it weren't for Double Standards, Liberals would have no standards at all.

VA Beach Police: Giving Barney Fife a good name!

Illegitimous noncarborundum (donít let the bastards wear you down)