UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: go rams?

Default go rams?

who do we want to win this game?

please don't tear me down if there is an obvious answer

Default Re: go rams?

We're not catching GMU. I'd rather get the higher seed so I'm rooting for a VCU loss. GMU also has the best chance for an at large when we win the tournament which is good for the conference, they're def getting an at large if not the conference bid.

VCU has a real tough schedule and they could possibly drop all the way to the four seed. No way we catch Mason, so we need to root for them.

GMU 100% all day every day.

VCU has GMU @ Drexel and JMU. They could very easily lose 2 of those three. If we win our last 3 and they lose 2 outta 3 on their side (And Hofstra wins out which they should bc their schedule is very easy) Then the final CAA standings would look like this.

GMU
    ODU
    Hofstra
    VCU

We would avoid GMU/VCU till Monday of the tourny.

Also just selfishly for some fans going up for the whole tournament, a VCU loss and ODU win tonight puts ODU as the 2 seed and would get us better tournament seats.

We want to finish 2nd in the league even if VCU finishes 3rd so that way when they look at at larges we are right behind GMU who also has an at large chance.
    "Carter Bounce Pass..."

GIFSoup

"FINNEY!!!!!!!!"

Yup, rooting for GMU tonight.

I'm pulling for VCU mainly because I don't want Mason cracking the top 25 and have to hear about it until 2016. I really don't care if we finish 2 or 3 or where anyone else finishes. We aren't winning the CAA tournament without having to beat VCU and/or Mason either way and we could lose to Hofstra or to someone like Delaware on Saturday if we don't play well just as easily.. If they both fall apart and we somehow finish #1, that is just gravy.

I will thoroughly enjoy at least one of those teams losing. It will be put either Mason or VCU further behind us in the discussion.

There are good points on each side of the discussion. But in a situation like this, you have to go to the default position, which is root against VCU.

I could never live with myself if I were to somehow root for VCU. So for tonight I say "Go Green! Go Gold! Fight! Fight! Fight!"
    Clay
    ODU Class of 2001

Old Dominion Athletics: Time to get blue!

We are Old Dominion. We still don't play on Friday.

In a perfect world the earth under the court at the SC would open up and swallow both teams. But given the unlikely chance of that happening, I have to throw my support to the Patriots. And let's face it, as annoying as the Patriot fans can be, something about the final 4 I think, they have nothing on the Ram fans in the annoyance area.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\My Documents\My Pictures\old-dominion.button.png