DU
Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 269 of 1012 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369769 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 10117

Default Re: Newest conference rumor

Quote Originally Posted by jmusuperfan View Post
    Big East. That is all.
    I say SEC would be more appropriate. After all we have become a football first university. The Big East is much more into hoops.

"North Texas is on the verge of possibly moving to Conference USA, according to multiple sources. UNT would fit in C-USA with the number of departures heading to the Big East in 2013." within article about UNT basketball coaching search on ESPN today

Why wouldn't the WAC and the CAA Football workout a deal where the WAC will invite the CAA schools for football only, in exchange to allow the WAC to save itself in the next couple of years, then once they stabilize, the CAA re-invite the CAA schools back to the conference forming a new east coast FBS conference.

Quote Originally Posted by hburg View Post
    Why wouldn't the WAC and the CAA Football workout a deal where the WAC will invite the CAA schools for football only, in exchange to allow the WAC to save itself in the next couple of years, then once they stabilize, the CAA re-invite the CAA schools back to the conference forming a new east coast FBS conference.
    Not a bad idea, but that means the WAC has to add some east coast bowl games.

This article makes it sound like W&M has no idea what's going on and they are just waiting to see what happens.

http://weblogs.dailypress.com/sports...ient_amid.html

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeforthDuke View Post
    This article makes it sound like W&M has no idea what's going on and they are just waiting to see what happens.

http://weblogs.dailypress.com/sports...ient_amid.html
    They fell asleep watching Matlock reruns so they're a little out of the loop.
    Clutch poster.

Looks like the beginning of a true playoff system for I-A. Right now, a 4-team deal...but I would guess after a couple of years of record profits, it will quickly be expanded backwards into December.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...playoff-format
    2012 College Football Champions:
    NAIA - Marian University
    DIII - Mount Union
    DII - Valdosta State
    D I-AA - NDSU
    D I-A - NONE

"It's a hostile environment," he said. "Even the band will cuss at you. It's classic, we're warming up and that band is just cursing at us and my guys are looking like, ‘This is the band,'" and I said, ‘Yeah, just wait until you play the team.'"

-UDel football coach K.C. Keeler on playing at JMU

Obviously I hope that comes to fruition as it make the FBS even more attractive. Over time the bowls will lose their meaning and hopefully be phased out.
    My question is, will this playoff system and rankings of the top 4 teams always end up being bcs teams? I wouldn't be surprised if non-bcs teams suddenly can't seem to crack the top four ranking.
    #Natitude

Quote Originally Posted by Dukes09 View Post
    Obviously I hope that comes to fruition as it make the FBS even more attractive. Over time the bowls will lose their meaning and hopefully be phased out.
    My question is, will this playoff system and rankings of the top 4 teams always end up being bcs teams? I wouldn't be surprised if non-bcs teams suddenly can't seem to crack the top four ranking.
    They'll let 'em crack the top four, but it will be in early November. By the time the top four selections are made, those non BCS teams will either have lost or been dropped a slot or two due to "Schedule Strength"
    "Apathetic markets come before actual fans"....Dukes09