NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: ESPN's Player of the Week Is Ryan Pearson

Quote Originally Posted by ConradODU10 View Post
    I assume these guys have roomates - no?

Shows a lack of decorum but for some reason it doesn't phase me much, unless the dude did it in anger; you know, like after GMU blew their lead against VCU and lost.

In any case I don't know if I even have Pearson start on my CAA team. (To follow up on the Christian Bale Ax dude's comments)
    I believe it was after the quarterfinal loss to VCU. Who would you have start on your CAA team? I wouldn't think twice about putting him on the team. He plays way bigger than 6' 5" - 6' 6" in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ConradODU10 View Post
    In any case I don't know if I even have Pearson start on my CAA team. (To follow up on the Christian Bale Ax dude's comments)
    I'd ask you to elaborate but you're an idiot and would probably make no sense.
    Can I kick it?... yes you can

Quote Originally Posted by Gmu_Crew_Econ View Post
    well played sir, well played. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gmu_Crew_Econ View Post
    Exactly. Pearson was just named ESPN's Player of the Week for having his way with Hofstra's and ODU's frontcourts, but he's not good enough to make Conrad's fictional CAA team. Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGMU View Post
    Exactly. Pearson was just named ESPN's Player of the Week for having his way with Hofstra's and ODU's frontcourts, but he's not good enough to make Conrad's fictional CAA team. Too funny.
    Hofstra's front court? The one ODU outrebounded by damn near 30? Beating up on ODU at home was great but it's 1 game. Hassell pretty much dominated GMU's frontcourt at the Ted, so its kind of a wash.

Overall though, just being honest, I'd take Bowles and Hassell 1st and put Pearson and Skeen second. Teams tend to collapse the paint on ODU and to a lesser extent to stop JMU and Bowles inside.

GMU and VCU's outside shooters make it tough to do that so Hassell and Bowles are at a bit of a disadvantage (double teams, collapsing zones etc). They've put up more impressive numbers than Pearson while being at a bigger disadvantage.

I will say this though, the margin is, should I say, RAZOR thin. Any one of the 4 listed above can get the better of the other on any given night.

Small Town America, clingin' to my guns & religion

Except Pearson isn't limited to playing inside. He's a 42% 3 pt shooter, better then anyone on ODU's roster w/more then 8 attempts. (4th on Mason's roster)
    I have a son. He looks like Brian Terry.

Agreed.....Pearson is a smart 3 point shooter. He's not exactly an assassin (he's never made more than two 3 pointers in a game in his career) but its a nice added weapon that has to be considered.

Wish Keyon Carter still possessed that ability. He's gone from a 38 percent 3 point shooter as a sophomore to 35 pct as a junior to 18 pct as a senior.

Yikes. The single most disappointing senior in recent ODU history. I can remember as a Sophmore, in a VERY tough game on the road at W&M (when they were still good), Carter went off for 5 of 6 from three point line and scored 17.

Many at ODU thought a 6"8 guy who was the strongest player on the team (even stronger than Frank the Tank), could score inside or out and rebound would lead us for the next several years. Certainly hasn't been the case, such a shame. He's regressed from his sophmore year in every way imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by Timer really sucks View Post
    Overall though, just being honest, I'd take Bowles and Hassell 1st and put Pearson and Skeen second.
    I have no problem with this statement.

Bowles is really lazy on defense, but he is definitly the best scoring big man in the CAA. Ryan Pearson is fast for a 6'6 guy and has such long arms so he gets many out-of-control layups to fall. Skeen has very good post moves and can also hit the 3.
    In Shaka We Trust

bowles, givens, skeen are 3 id take before pearson at that position. hassell would be nearly a wash with pearson, although id take hassell before pearson. This is jsut this year though there are others in the conference that in a year or two i would take over him, but since they are not there all of the time yet pearson gets the nods over them.

btw congrats to pearson for the award, nice week of production earned him this good publicity. now if only he could practice his wide open dunks