HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default ESPN's Player of the Week Is Ryan Pearson

http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/pa...ch1111/week-11 gave Ryan Pearson the Player of the Week. He had 37 points and 23 rebounds in two games. I realize a player on a mid-major that is not in the Top 100 in the RPI that goes 1-1 for the week is very unlikely to get Player of the Week, but Trevor Deloach of UNC Wilmington had 51 points, 17 rebounds, and all three of his shooting percentages for the week were better than Pearson. I'm not saying this as a fan of UNC Wilmington.

Unfortunately Old Dominion at Virginia Commonwealth didn't make the list of 28 games in "What's On Tap."

Default Re: ESPN's Player of the Week Is Ryan Pearson

Deloach also played 10 more minutes than Pearson and had 6 turnovers with zero assists over those two games. He did have 6 steals, though.

enjoy the spotlight pearson. just try not to have a bitch fit in richmond this year.

Pearson's gone through way more than you ever will.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...020500361.html

I know you're probably still bitter from the yearly asskicking in Fairfax you just had to go through but I'd rather have no one else in the league on my team that Ryan (except maybe Jenkins...).
    Can I kick it?... yes you can

Quote Originally Posted by MonarchSwag View Post
    enjoy the spotlight pearson. just try not to have a bitch fit in richmond this year.
    I'm pretty sure anybody who has watched Pearson this year can tell he has matured immensely. He still has some fire and got a couple T's for jawing a bit, but overall, he's really grown up.

I think the level of the competition also factors in there. DeLoach played against GSU (5-8) and W&M (3-10), while Pearson played against Hofstra (9-4) and ODU (9-4). And ODU's frontcourt is a formidable opponent on which to put up 18 and 11.
    Hey, you guys ready to let the dogs out?

More News under "TEAMS that Impressed Us"

George Mason: The Patriots might be tied with VCU atop the Colonial standings, but there seems to be little doubt as to the new conference favorites, after Mason blitzed through two fellow CAA contenders, a 19-point win over Hofstra and a 17-point win over Old Dominion.

It's nice getting press this time of year, you know when it actually matters.....
    Razor Ramon 2
    Hall of Fame

Re: ODU deserves new conference

Conf us making a bigtime bowl is very rare. And we aren't getting a bcs conference invite.

So like I said, unless we go big east, I'd rather stay fcs.

There is no "national respect" for conference USA or sunbelt teams.

The heck did Pearson do in Richmond last year?
    "The winner ain't the guy with the fastest car...its the guy who refuses to lose."

"Get out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass."

- Dale Earnhardt

Quote Originally Posted by ConradODU10 View Post
    The heck did Pearson do in Richmond last year?
    Word is that he trashed a hotel room. I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by bravesfan View Post
    Word is that he trashed a hotel room. I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know.
    I assume these guys have roomates - no?

Shows a lack of decorum but for some reason it doesn't phase me much, unless the dude did it in anger; you know, like after GMU blew their lead against VCU and lost.

In any case I don't know if I even have Pearson start on my CAA team. (To follow up on the Christian Bale Ax dude's comments)
    "The winner ain't the guy with the fastest car...its the guy who refuses to lose."

"Get out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass."

- Dale Earnhardt