PDA

View Full Version : Great Hire!

jmu007
04-01-2004, 09:01 PM
As a student, I must say this is one hell of a hire! Everyone was looking for a way to get some excitement back into the student section of the convo, well I think we have it. We've now got an ACC assistant who is currently in the final four 4 coming to whip this program back into shape. I know personally a large amount of people around campus who are excited as hell right now. It's too bad we can't get back to basketball around here tomorrow, cuz the place would be rockin. I can't speak for every student, but I know for a fact that this bunch will be at every game. :D 8)

ps: I saw a couple of the players tonight, and they seemed to look a little happier than usual if you ask me. :wink:

also note: good to be back posting again. been keeping up with the posts daily, just never quite got around to putting my 2 cents in there. 8)

IllWill
04-01-2004, 09:07 PM
This is great news...thanks to your "group" of students. I hope this is the sentiment with many more on campus. This is great news to hear though, most definitely. Thanks for the input 007

Old JMU Fanatic
04-01-2004, 09:37 PM
DukeDawgGone - the boy is alive and posting again. I thought I was sending my money to some phantom son up there. Good to see you back on the boards and in with support from your group. Maybe you can drum up a few more for the SDC out of this boy - not to put any pressure on or anything. Seriously I'm glad to hear that your friends up there are excited to have this hire and I agree - I wish we could all get together in the Convo tonight and fire up the ELECTRIC ZOO again. :D

Holic said he saw you at a SDC meeting at the Baseball Stadium and said you looked good ! hMMM Just kidding.

dukaholic
04-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Good, as in, not on crutches.

Old JMU Fanatic
04-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Hollic - I'll be up there Friday and Sat. If you you can make it happen let's have a cold one and talk some. Maybe dinner with 007 on me if you're up for it.

dukaholic
04-01-2004, 09:47 PM
If your kid wouldn't mind, I'll be around tomorrow after 6 or so....

Dunno what your plans are, don't want to intrude on your family time either...

If ya talk it out with him though and it's cool and you guys want to, I'll pm you my #...

But again, don't want to infringe on your time together, I know you guys don't get much!

Old JMU Fanatic
04-01-2004, 09:57 PM
I'm doing a TKE thing and 007 just told me he can't get out of his obligation to them anyway. So I'm free at some point and would love to pay you back a little for all you do up there for us and feed you. Let's see - would that be MickeyD's or Jessies Quick Lunch. Just kidding - I'll PM you and give you the lowdown.

JMULBS2004
04-02-2004, 12:19 AM
I think Dean Keener is a great hire. I believe that Doherty is holding out for a bigger job that can get him a shot at a conference championship or NCAA run in a year or two. He wants a program that already is set so he can build on. Maybe Purdue is Keady goes to U. San Fran. or St. John's. I hope the best for Keener and JMU now has a "Coach K!" to call their own!