PDA

View Full Version : An open comment to Steve Marcus

Mottman
01-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Mr. Marcus,

I am ashamed at the level of coverage you have given to Hofstra after this past barn burner down in Newark. A paper like Newsday should devote much more coverage to one of the largest upsets in Hofstra history. Had this been St. Johns getting slaughtered by the lowly bottom half of the Big East, I am sure Newsday would have had an entire special pullout section on such a monumental occasion. In the future I would appreciate it if Newsday would provide equal coverage for "the best team in NY". You should be ashamed at the lack of mention you give to this preseason top 25 team and their fall from grace. When their bubble burst last night, all we get is a few short paragraphs and still no picture of Stokes/Aguido flying out of control down the lane(kind of appropriate, considering their season just crashed as well) or Urbutis getting posted up by the high caliber UD players?

I am ashamed to be a Long Islander after reading that drivel!

Sincerely,
Mottman

UD 03'

Jack
01-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Mr. Marcus,

I am ashamed at the level of coverage you have given to Hofstra after this past barn burner down in Newark. A paper like Newsday should devote much more coverage to one of the largest upsets in Hofstra history. Had this been St. Johns getting slaughtered by the lowly bottom half of the Big East, I am sure Newsday would have had an entire special pullout section on such a monumental occasion. In the future I would appreciate it if Newsday would provide equal coverage for "the best team in NY". You should be ashamed at the lack of mention you give to this preseason top 25 team and their fall from grace. When their bubble burst last night, all we get is a few short paragraphs and still no picture of Stokes/Aguido flying out of control down the lane(kind of appropriate, considering their season just crashed as well) or Urbutis getting posted up by the high caliber UD players?

I am ashamed to be a Long Islander after reading that drivel!

Sincerely,
Mottman

UD 03'

Now that is some damn funny stuff. Thanks Mott. Not enough humor around here.

stuball888
01-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Congrats Mott, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. :wink:

Mottman
01-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Mike77, where are you? You should have my back on this one!

Mike77
01-30-2007, 07:11 PM
I expect a very big story on Hofstra-VCU in Newsday...prominent headline and photo. Why would they do otherwise? Oh, wait, there's a game at East Islip...damn!

Proud Pride Fan
01-30-2007, 07:16 PM
LOL! One of the funniest posts all season, Mott! :lol: