1, USC in 2002 NCAA 1st round(Pac-10)
2. Richmond in the CAA final in 2000
3. NCSU in 92(ACC)
4. Minnesota in 2001(Big-10)
5. Auburn in 92(SEC)
6. BC in 87(Big East)
7. BC in 88(Big East)
8. Miami in 92(Big East)
9. ECU (CAA) in 87 with Rowsom's 25 ft bank in the CAA tourney!
10. Miss St (SEC) 96-by 20 after they were in the Final 4 the year before.

Well, any thoughts since my dates are prolly wrong :oops: ?

Proff
08-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Its kind of funny when I look at your list (all of which are worthy of top ten status) because as I look at it I see that the 92-93 team had three of those victories. I know we have discussed the subject of "best team ever" and certainly the teams of the last two years are the ones that rightly are at the top of the list but that 92-93 team had more of the top ten vicories than any other team. What a shame we couldn't get that that team to play this past year's in both of their primes. What a game it would be.

The difference I think is "when the game would be played". If played at the beginning of the season the 92-93 team would be my pick. That team of Kevin's (Eastman) started quickly but faded. Jerry/Brad's teams got better as the year went on. So they would take the "end of season" game. But it is nice to think about. I'll have to pull out my old tape of the moo-u, Auburn & Miami games frome 94 and review those good wins!

CaptLou
08-03-2003, 09:57 AM
Two will be replaced by the end of this year after the drubbing we place on the TarHeels and WolfPack.... :wink:

Surf Monkey
08-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Actually that wan't the 94-95 team. That was Wainwright's first year.

It was the 92-93 team under Kevin Eastman.

We beat State, Auburn, and Miami in 1992 to start the year 10-1. Our only loss was to Fairfield in the second game. Classic case of Last Game/Next Game theory after beating State.

That team had Reggie Veney, Keith Adkins, Drew Phillips, Tim Shaw, Sherif, John Spann, and a younger, slimmer Darren Moore. Another star on that team was Chris Jones, "Juke" from South Carolina. He was one of the nicest guys and one of my favorites on that team. We only had him for one year.

I think VCU in 2002 and Drexel in 2003 should be on that list because those were championship wins. We can't underestimate how hard it is to win a championship even though we were favorites. Beating State, Miami, and Auburn were nice but those wins didn't get us anywhere. It's kind of like ECU beating Marquette this year. Where did it get them? The three championship wins and the USC game are the biggest wins for this school.

4 most important wins for our school
1. USC win in 2002
2. UR win in 2000
3. VCU win in 2002
4. Drexel win in 2003

chawk39something
08-03-2003, 11:07 AM
My ten, are any of the many victories we have over ECU. Pick any ten, heck, you could just about pick the last ten meetings.

billthebighawkfan
08-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Thanks Surf for the correction and I've edited the 1st post now. Yea, I can see the VCU game definitely being in there maybe even way up there. That was a special night and there was a special feeling about that particular game. We demonstrated to everyone across the country that Seahawk basketball had arrived. The Drexel game was also a biggie and deserves much consideration but I wouldn't put that in my top 10 but logic tells us differently (just druthers 8) ). As for Chris Jones...that guy was awesome!!!! He really made a difference for that particular team. I remember a dunk that he had against Campbell that year in Fayetteville...it was stunning! As I remember Proff, I think that Sheriff and/or somebody esle got hurt and that team faded at the end of the year. When clicking on all cylinders...Veney, Jones, Shaw, El Sanidilly, and Darren Moore brought much to the party. That my friends was an awesome 5 right there and the State game was not an upset! We should have won by 20+ instead of like 14.

Proff
08-03-2003, 03:26 PM
I corrected mine (the dates) also but my thoughts still stand about that team and the start of the year. By the way, I heard that Keith Adkins is getting married sometime soon. He is still coaching but I do not remember where. I think he may have changed schools since I last heard any news about him.

getmhawks
08-03-2003, 10:51 PM
I think the Maryland game should be on the list. We beat the hell out them. :x

GoHawks
08-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Goldsberry beat the hell out of them... I've watched that game over and over again and each time I think that if we could have just had a decent game out of Craig and a 'typical' Brett type of night (minus the last 6 minutes) we should have beaten them by atleast 15. Oh well... I would defintely give it a top ten ranking though.

chawk39something
08-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Sorry fellas. That sounds like "moral victory" talk to me, and that my friend, is in my rear-view mirror.

jumpinmullet
08-04-2003, 10:26 PM
Bill I like your thinking on this and I would add the Drexel win from last year to the list at third place.It is also refreshing to see posters giving a little credit to Eastman and his teams.It shows that we are more than a Johnny come lately program,we do indeed have a history prior to the Wainwright era.